BGCI Member: No
About the Lanhydrock
Lanhydrock, overlooking the valley of the River Fowey, is a large 17th-century house rebuilt after a fire in 1881, with an apron of formal gardens, encircled by a horseshoe of hillsides, on which semi-formal trees and shrubs climb to merge with oak and beech woodland and shelter belts. The main part, or Higher Garden, contrasts with the formal area near the house and affords views out to the park including the double avenue, mainly beech, running for almost 1000 metres towards the river. Although the garden has its roots in the Victorian age, its collection is young with almost all the plants dating from the last 60 years. The Trust continues to build on the Victorian theme established by the Robartes family, magnolias and rhododendrons being particular features of the garden, together with herbaceous borders.
Cornwall PL30 5AD United Kingdom