Kew Diploma, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
Kew is the world’s leading botanic gardens, at the forefront of plant and fungal science, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a major visitor attraction.We want a world where plants and fungi are understood, valued and conserved – because our lives depend on them.
We use the power of our science and the rich diversity of our gardens and collections to provide knowledge, inspiration and understanding of why plants and fungi matter to everyone.
Applications for places on the Kew Diploma are now open.
“Getting on the Kew Diploma is like getting into Oxford or Cambridge University. The Diploma is regarded as the best botanical horticulture qualification in the world, at one of the greatest botanical institutions” (N.Evans Course 51)
The Kew Diploma is the foremost botanic garden training programme in the world, for those graduating with a Kew Dip it becomes a ‘passport to worldwide horticulture’
Highly respected within the horticultural industry, Kew Diploma graduates can be found holding leading positions within historic and botanic gardens, parks, plant production, journalism, science, education and landscape/garden design.
- Unrivalled access to some of the leading horticulturists and plant scientists in the world.
- Access to a fantastic living plant collection at both RBG Kew and Wakehurst Place.
- Access to a library containing one of the world’s largest collection of books relating to botany.
- Access to the herbarium which contains over seven million specimens.
- An opportunity to travel whilst on the course. (Travel Scholarship Project, Field trip to Eastern Andalucía in Spain)
- The Kew Diploma is a combination of practical work and academic studies. Our graduates know how and why.
- Salaried training. We will pay you a salary for the three years of your fixed-term contract with us.
More information can be found at https://www.kew.org/training-and-courses/horticultural-training/kew-diploma-horticulture
We offer a fantastic range of benefits including a generous annual leave entitlement for new starters, family friendly policies, a choice of competitive pensions and flexible benefits scheme.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application through the online portal, by clicking “Apply for this job”.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the post.
No agencies please.
Deadline for applying: 31/10/2018
Hours of work: Full time
Contract Type: Fixed Term (FTA)
Contract start date: September 2018
Contract end date: September 2021
Salary: £14,094 plus £725 book allowance
Location: RBG Kew, Richmond, Surrey, UK