Project Manager - Sharjah Botanic Garden
This posting is no longer current. Please check out our Jobs & Opportunities Noticeboard for the latest postings.
His Highness Sheikh Dr Sultan bin Mohamed al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council of the United Arab Emirates and ruler of Sharjah has authorised the Sharjah Research Academy to launch an exciting project to design and develop the Sharjah Botanic Garden (SBG).
SBG is looking for a dynamic and experienced Project Manager to work alongside the Senior Executive and stakeholders to deliver the botanic garden from the ‘Big Idea’ to its operational stage. Essentially, this role is to develop and manage the build.
Masters of Sciences in Engineering or Project Management or any related discipline. Minimum of 8 years of related experience.
The role is a senior position, and preference will be given to applicants with a proven record integrating built landscapes into nature and developing projects utilising sustainable technology. Excellent written & verbal communication skills in English and in Arabic an advantage as well as experience working internationally.
The successful candidate will take a lead in various aspects of the project’s development these will include, but not be limited to:
- Helping develop project plans & produce detailed terms of reference (TOR)
- Selection of procurement route & contracts
- Manage & advise on project risks/issues/actions
- Responsibility for day-to-day management of design/build activities
- Advising on selection & appointment of consultant team
- Overlooking the maintenance of all facilities and establishing a maintenance management system
- Communication between SBG & contractors
- Contribute to design reviews
- Advise on selection of contractors
- Validate payments
- Monitor & assess SBG requirements & cost plans
- Advise on transition from construction to occupation
- Help develop initial strategic brief
- Ensure design/build team has direct access to Senior Executive & Steering Committee
- Facilitate daily communication between SBG & contractors/design/build team
- Lead, attend & contribute in project meetings between all parties
The initial appointment will be for two years’ subject to a probationary period of six months. Appointment could be renewed for additional periods subject to project’s development.
Salary and benefits:
Competitive and attractive salary package commensurate with the qualifications and relevant experience of the successful candidate.
Advertised until filled.
Applicants should send a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae [in English] to: firstname.lastname@example.org