Sylvia Scholarship Fund
BGCI are delighted to be able to offer scholarships to support delegates to participate in the 10th International Congress on Education in Botanic Gardens. This funding has been made possible through the Sylvia Scholarship Fund.
To be considered for a scholarship you must meet the eligibility criteria set out below. A Scholarship application form should be completed and submitted to the education congress team by 31st January 2018. All applicants will be notified by 28th February, 2018.
To be considered for Sylvia Scholarship funding you must meet the following criteria:
- Work in a botanic garden
- Be from an institution in a developing country
- Be aged 35 or under at the time of the congress
- Contribute to a session during the congress (submit an abstract)
- Be able to demonstrate the positive impact of your attendance on yourself and your organisation
- Be able to justify the need for financial support to attend the congress and the use of match funding to cover additional congress costs
Available funding options
|Types of scholarship||Costs|
Round trip (return flights) airfare to and from Warsaw from country of origin (up to €1,500)
BGCI early member fee (€400)
Accommodation for 5 nights (€320)
|Flights||Round trip (return flights) airfare to and from Warsaw from country of origin (up to €1,500)|
|Registration fees||BGCI early member fee (€400)|
|Accommodation||Accommodation for 5 nights (€320)|
Please note: Scholarships cover specific costs associated with attending the congress, as listed above. Additional costs of attending the congress will need to be funded by the individual. These may include:
- Flights/international travel
- Travel within Warsaw i.e. to accommodation and the congress venue
- Accommodation for five nights (9 – 13th September inclusive)
- Congress fees
- Travel Insurance
- Pre- and post- congress tours (not included in the congress fee)
Process for selecting successful applicants
Each application will be considered alongside the eligibility criteria above. A decision will be made by BGCI in conjunction with a representative from the Sylvia Scholarship Fund.
If you have any questions about the scholarship fund or would like to discuss submitting an application please contact the education congress team.
Download the application form: Scholarship application form
For additional information about the congress, please visit the congress website.