EuroGard IV - Botanic Gardens and the 2010 Challenge
This posting is no longer current. Please check out our Events & Meetings for the latest postings.
18-22 September 2006
Pruhonice, the Czech Republic
Taking place in the beautiful Congress Centrum Floret of the Silva Tarouca Research Institute for Landscape and Ornamental Gardening, Pruhonice, the Czech Republic, the congress will have the following scientific themes:
- Botanic Gardens and the 2010 Challenge
- The European Plant Conservation Strategy
- Global Strategy for Plant Conservation
- The Biodiversity Strategy of the European Union
- Suzanne Sharrock – BGCI, European botanic gardens and their contribution to the Global Strategy for Plant Conservation.
- Sara Oldfield – BGCI, Biodiversity - policies and strategies of the European Union.
- Peter W. Jackson – Global Partnership for Plant Conservation and its activities.
- Michael Kiehn – Botanic gardens and conservation, a look beyond 2010.
- Esteban Hernández Bermejo - Botanic gardens and historic and cultural aspects.
- Bert van den Wollenberg – IPEN (International Plant Exchange Network).
- Jerzy Puchalski - The role of seed banks in conservation of European threatened plants - ENSCONET and regional projects.
- Matthew Jebb – Developing a National Plant Strategy in Ireland
Delegates will also have many opportunities to enjoy the delights of Prague and surrounding areas on excursions to the Prague Botanic Garden, Royal Palaces and other sites of interest.